Thursday, January 4, 2018

Yay for Snow Days!

Hello, friends! I'm stopping in today because after two days back to work, we have a snow day!

While the snow isn't too bad where I am on the east coat, the wind and low temps are making it a bit nasty for travel.  So, I'm staying inside today, taking down some Christmas decorations, and sneaking in a little crafty time while my four teens continue to sleep the morning away!

I have a card to share for two challenges today:

(1) Merry Monday #271: Embossing -- I used dry embossing on my card.


(2) Addicted to Stamps and More! #273: Holiday -- I'm still highlighting Christmas.


For my card, I kept it clean and simple.  I dry embossed the snowy background onto a plain white card, then stamped "Christmas" in red ink.  Next, I adhered the die cut wreath and "merry" sentiment and added red Stickles all around the wreath for some shine to match the red glitter sentiment.


Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 (Hand Lettered Holiday)
Dies: WPlus9 (Hand Lettered Holiday), Reverse Confetti (Vintage Spring Beginnings) 
Inks: Adirondack (Red Pepper)
Other: Sizzix (Snowfall/Speckles) embossing folder, Red Stickles, DCWV red glitter paper


OK, have to get back to taking down the decorations...thank you for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!
Judy

13 comments:

  1. Judy, I came to say thanks for your lovely comment, I am glad my little BuJo pages inspired you. I struggled with the idea of it because I don't think my handwriting is great, but worth a try right?. I love this card, it's stunning, the embossing at the top really makes this card. Happy Snow Day. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great embossing folder isn't it? - I've used mine too! Lovely card. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the snowflake speckles behind your darling wreath, Judy! Perfect for Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog Judy!! Love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely CAS design, Judy!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my PRS post!! I'm so sad that you are no longer on the team!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely embossing on that card, Judy! While your design would have looked just fine without it, that snowy effect really boosts the level of loveliness! Great CAS Christmas card. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. That snowy embossing folder is so fun and I love the delicate wreath. But the icing on the cake is the sparkly red sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card. That is one of my favorite embossing folders. I'm going to use the card for inspiration to start my Christmas cards. Never too early to start, right? I'm in Delaware and got snow but only 3-4 inches. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love the snowy embossing! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS design Judy, love the very fine die cuts. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Judy! Beautiful embossed snowy background and I love the red sparkly "Merry". Happy snow days, I'm sure the kids enjoyed the time off. We've been way too cold here, but not blasted with the snow you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this simple but very impactful Christmas design, Judy! The sweet Stickle berries are a perfect touch with your glittery sediment! I hope things have calmed down and warmed up where you are! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card with beautiful embossing. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday Christmas Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy