Saturday, November 7, 2015

Seize the Birthday - A Masculine Sweet 16 Birthday Card

Hello, friends!  I'm here today to share a masculine version of a "Sweet Sixteen" card I made for my son's friend.  I'm sharing this in the current Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes" Challenge going on through November 17th.


Similar to my feminine version of a "Sweet Sixteen" birthday card (posted HERE), I made this card using number dies from Papertrey Ink and a "sweet" die by Serendipity Stamps.  I inlaid the die cuts and used coordinating patterned papers as well as a Paper Smooches tag die.  The card base is dry embossed on patterned paper and rubbed with sand paper to reveal its white core.  The jute bow adds to the masculine feel of the card.


I'm also sharing my card in the current Virginia's View Challenge #20: All About Textures.  The jute bow and the sanded, dry-embossed card panel add texture to the card.


Thanks for stopping by,
Judy

3 comments:

  1. Cards for teenage boys are so difficult to make but yours is just perfect! LOVE the inlaid die cutting! I am sure your son's friend will be loving it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous masculine card! Love all the different textures and layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for a teenaged boy. Love the color palette you've used here, and especially the dp on the tag. It all works so well together! Perfect design; just love this one!! Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy