Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paper-Pieced Baby Cards for Less Is More

Hello, friends!  I stole a few minutes today to make two cards for the current Less Is More Week 73 Recipe Challenge to use "Paper Piecing."  I love using up scraps of patterned paper for paper-piecing images, and the two baby cards I made were quick and easy.  (I actually have a stash of pre-cut paper-pieced images that I work on when I have some down time and pull out when I need a quick card.  I store them in the slots of a small 4x6 photo album!)

My first card is a clean and simple one-layer card using a paper-pieced, popped-up duck image from Sandylion.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches, while the wavy line is from Limited Edition Rubber Stamps.  I added a tiny black gem to the eye, and voila!



Side Note:  A finishing touch I always like to do when paper-piecing is to go over the edge of the image with the side of a black marker...see here?  It just makes it look more "finished."



My second one-layer CAS card on kraft uses a free digital sentiment from Kim Hughes along with a paper-pieced bunny from the same Sandylion set; the little flower gem is Hero Arts.


This image on this card is not popped up, but I added some shading with a grey Copic marker around the bottom and side edges for some dimension. 



I have missed playing at the Less Is More blog for the past few months...they always have such wonderful challenges and entries.  Chrissy and Mandi are such wonderful sources of inspiration, too.  Mandi's birthday cards and Chrissie's birds and balloons this week are perfect examples of paper-piecing at its finest...be sure to check them out!

Have a great day, everyone! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

24 comments:

  1. both cards are just adorable, judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I love that duck stamp. I'll remember your tip next time I do a pieced card - the black marker really does enhance the appearance.

    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy, thank you for visiting my blog! I just love these cards, the images are just so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly CAS, Judy, and so cute!! Love your piecing and I agree- I love how you do the edges in black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, these cards are adorable, Judy , and oh, so sweet too! Glad you were able to find time to create - always feels so good, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fab creations - your tip for the edges is a great one too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Cards love the paper choices for your paper piecing~FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so like your choice of papers for the duck and rabbit. FAB cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are absolutely superb
    Love the little ducky
    Thanks so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are precious. Love them! :)

    Lauren
    laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! Love the kraft one! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy these are both fantastic! Such a great tip about edging the paper pieced images-really gives it a more finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are so adorable!! :) Glad to hear you had some time to "play"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just too sweet Judy! Just love that little ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeos Judy..... it's obviously so handy to have a stash of these ready to go pieces :0) Love the CAS designs of both.
    Good to see you pop your head around the corner in blogland still :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are stunning! Love the stamps and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Judy these cards are both amazing. I so love them both but that duck with the gingham pattern really is my favorite. Just want to say sorry for not being around much. Lot of things happening on the home front and my mojo is low for both crafting and blog commenting. Sorry that I haven't been supporting you like I should but life is a little hectic and difficult right now and I am trying to deal with it all. Love all that you are doing here on your blog and can't wait to see what other beauties I have missed. I will be on vacation next week and will be taking my laptop, so I hope to visit some of my favorite blogs and leave some love. Hope your doing well and feeling healthy. Hugs always.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Judy, I love these cards, especially the first one with the rick rack--how clever is that! A really good tip about lining it with a marker. I am going to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic cards, Judy! I just pulled out this Sandylion stamp set last night to try and come up with a baby card for my niece. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What sweet cards. great paper piecing.
    Congrats on being showcased. Glad you were because I'd hissed your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Judy. These are fabulous paper pieced cards. I missed this challenge. Especially love your sweet little duck. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your duck card was my favourite over at Less Is More that week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy