Monday, January 16, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge #114


Hello, friends! Stopping by today with a card I made in the eleventh hour
for the current Play Date Cafe Challenge #114.  The suggested colors are:
Burgundy...Gold...Plum
Such a lovely color combination!


For my card, I stamped the Hero Arts Dancing with Flowers in burgundy pigment ink over a background stamped in soft vanilla with the classic fabric design and distressed around the edges with ink to give it a golden look, too.  I also embossed the edges with my new Cuttlebug "Tiffany" embossing folder.  The plum Prima flowers have little pearls added for accents, too.  The sentiment is from this Hero Arts set. 


Thanks for stopping by!
Judy

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Judy. I love that silhouette image stamped in burgundy on kraft, and the embossing frames it so well, too. Really lovely. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Judy! Love the colors, your new embossing folder (lucky you!) and the way you distressed around the edges. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy I love what you have done using those colours. What a gorgeous card xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find these colors very difficult ,but I love how you have put them together- great job :) Love the little flower embellies on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Judy, I really love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore that sweet silhouette, Judy! And your embossed frame adds so much elegance! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so pretty, Judy! I love the added flowers with that stamp. Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I'm following yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely gorgeous! This silhouette looks beautiful in burgundy, and nestled with this embossed frame, it looks so vintage and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy, I really love the look you achieved with the embossed border around the stamped image! Such pretty colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! LOOOOOOOOOVE that stamped image and I LOVE the way you used these colors! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour palette to choose for a silhouette card Judy... Love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love how you framed the silhouette image Judy!!! Not easy colors to work with but you made them look so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy