Saturday, September 10, 2011

One Layer Wednesday - Welcome Baby

Hello, friends!  I am so happy that I was able to squeak out a little time for crafting in between covering books, decorating journals, filling out forms, and sitting at a soccer game!  It is a beautiful Saturday, hot and sunny, luckily with no rain in sight -- maybe the overflowing rivers and lakes around here will finally start to recede and dry out...what a crazy past few weeks it has been!

I happened to see that the One Layer Wednesday challenges are up and running again after a summer hiatus.  When I saw the topic -- baby cards -- I HAD to join in the fun.  I have been dying to use the new Paper Smooches stamp set (A Little Lovin') since I received it, so that is exactly what I did. 

This is a very simple one layer design; the elephants and sentiment are embossed in black and water-color painted, then I stamped the same sentiment repeatedly with Soft Pool and Baby Pink dye ink.  I embossed the dots up the side with my Cuttlebug, rounded the corners, and voila!

 

Here is a close-up of the sentiments...as the ink dried they became so subtle, almost hard to see!


I have to say that Paper Smooches stamps are quickly becoming a favorite.  Of course, I'll always be a Hero Arts girl at heart, but if you're looking for "cutesie" designs, then Paper Smooches is the way to go! 

Have a great day,
Judy




10 comments:

  1. Arrr this is so sweet Judy, the colours are perfect for a baby card..... boy or girl!
    Since bogging I've been introduced to so many wonderful stamp companies, but they're all over there!
    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how soft the sentiments are, Judy! Those elephants are adorable and I love the embossed portion! I have some of those smaller folders and always forget to use them. Glad you found some time to craft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet card, judy!! i really like the subtleness of the stamped sentiment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I like the embossed strip and the repeating sentiment. And those elephants are so stinkin' cute!
    Thanks, also, for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too precious! The elephants are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, these little elephants are just the cutest! I love your dotty embossing down the side of the card, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy thanks fosr commenting on my card. I think yous is so sweet. Love those elephants.
    You made a lovely card.
    Hugs
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got cutie ellies for babies too!. Thanks for the comment on my blog and the heads up for the less is more challenge. So kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another super cute card with super cute stamps! I love it Judy! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet, Judy. I love that image. A wonderful baby card. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy