Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Day

Hello, friends!   It is a happy day...I was able to make a card for the current Hero Arts Monthly Challenge using some goodies that I won from Vera W. Yates (Ling)...thanks again, Vera! 

I love these floral eyelets, and I immediately thought they would look so cute on the old Hero Arts "Row of Perky Flowers" stamp.  I started out with my favorite Clouds stamp in soft pool shadow ink, stamped the flowers, punched holes and inserted the flower eyelets.  I layered papers for grass and the matting, and stamped Cling Dots in soft vanilla shadow ink on the card base.  I added black stitching and dots (around the popped up MS butterfly) for a final touch, and added the sentiment from the Thoughtful Messages set.  I'm thinking this card would be a cheerful way to wish a child a happy day.


I might as well share a little side project my daughter and I made the other day, too.  She likes to dance to music stored on our iPod, and she asked her dad to burn her a CD with some of our favorites on it.  After she came up with her catchy little title, I typed up the cover for her.  Of course, once I cut it out it looked blank...we can't have THAT, so I took out a few trusty Hero Arts stamps and decorated a bit...




Don't soft pool and poppy chalk ink look pretty together?  Makes me think summer.

Thanks for stopping by...have a happy day!
Judy

6 comments:

  1. This card makes me smile big time Judy!!!! LOVE how you used the eyelets...I must dig them out of my stash!! FABULOUS stamping on the CD project....LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Judy, I love those shaped eyelets :)
    The CD cover looks great with the Hero Arts treatment too.
    Congrats on your win over at the Sweet Stamp Shop too...your on a winners roll lately :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy that is a HAPPY card! Very cute, I like how you did the flowers :) great colors too! And the cd cover looks great as well! Congrats on your winnings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea to decorate the CD cover, Judy! love the way it turned out! And your card is adorable with those eyelet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your on a roll sweetie. I so love your card today. Isn't it great to win some yummy card supplies. I love what you did here with your card and those flower embelliesh are beautiful. Soooo love how you decorated your cd case. It is totally gorgeous. So love it. Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, just resting up the hand and trying to spend some time outside. Off to check out more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I love what you did with flower eyelets. This card is beautiful!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy