Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Retirement, Auntie!

Hello, friends!  Today I want to share a card I made for my husband's aunt (and god-mother) as she retires this Friday after working at her job for 33 years!  She is a wonderful woman and a spectacular aunt...I feel as if she is MY aunt and I have felt that way ever since I met her 25 years ago.  She is a classy lady, super intelligent, witty, and sweet as honey.  What a great role model for all of us!  

This card has more layers than I usually use, but I had to revise my original design after I smudged some ink.  (Hate it when that happens!)  I was inspired by a card by Mary Dawn Quirindongo in the current issue of Stamp It! Cards Volume 8; her card is titled, "Seriously?" and can be found on page 78...for some reason I can't find a direct link to it. 

Quick sidebar:  Have you SEEN this magazine, by the way?  Oh...my...GOSH!  I look at it every day and I think I have earmarked every page!  Endless inspiration, I tell ya!


Anyway, back to my card.  Here is what I finished up with after the dust settled and my original plan was revamped:

Materials Used:  Hero Arts stamps: (CL156) Treasure the Moments, (CG206) Little Stencil Flower, paper: CratePaper Emma Shoppe collection, resin flowers: Pink lotus Blooms Whimsies, Martha Stewart border punch, corner rounder, pop dots, red lace ribbon, Hero Arts punch chalk ink.

Here is a close-up of the dimension of this card...pop dots, resin flowers, lace bow...definitely would need a special mailer, it is so thick!  (Good thing we hand-delivered this baby along with a gift!)


So, here's to you, Auntie.  Enjoy retirement...you have certainly earned it!
Have a good one,
Judy

5 comments:

  1. Love this Judy! The red ribbon is perfect and the papers you used corresponds so well with the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Truly beautiful card...love all the details. :)

    Arlene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors, and the patterned paper! And I know what you mean about thickness - I used to worry about thickness, but these days I'm too lazy to. Most cards end up getting hand delivered or stuck in a box/bag anyways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy this is gorgeous! I so love all that is going on here. I acutally thought that the bottom squares of your paper had the flowers cut out and then popped up with pop dots. Wow that is one amazing paper. And looove the stamping. This is so special and I am sure that she will love it. Love the design, colour and love behind this one. Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for making my heart melt today with your loving remarks at Lily Pad. You rascal, you made me cry. My hubby heard me reading out loud what you wrote, and looked at me and asked what was wrong. Then clued into what I was reading! Once he said that the tears began to fall. Your so loving and I so appreciate you has a friend and think your real special too. May God bless you in all you do sweetie. Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Judy!!! LOVE all the flowers and use of colour in this beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy