Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sending Birthday Wishes

Hello, friends!  Just stopping by with a set of birthday cards I made using two simple Studio G stamps along with some of my favorite ribbons and Hero Arts background stamps.

In the past two weekends my kids have gone to four birthday parties...needless to say, we go through a LOT of birthday cards!  For these one-layer cards, I embossed the cupcakes using black embossing powder, then painted them with watercolors.  The sentiment and cupcake are both Studio G stamps I found at Michael's.  I added backgrounds on two cards, but left the other two white and added ribbon instead. 



Materials Used: Studio G sentiment and cupcake; Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, Cling Dots;
Glossy Accents; watercolor paints; ribbon; black pearls.


Here is a close-up of the embossed cupcakes and the cherries covered with Glossy Accents...



Guess what?  Today I got a package from my recent order at Two Peas In A Bucket...I got some great sale items and I can't wait to play with them!

Finally, I have to share a picture of a birds nest my DH and I stumbled upon the other day while doing some yard work.  Momma robin had flown away momentarily so I grabbed my camera, stuck my arm up blindly into the tree and aimed down, hoping to find something in the nest.  Here is what I found... 


Gotta love nature!  Needless to say, we now check on the nest every day.  I'll see if I can get more pics as the days and weeks go on. 

Did I ever mention that my favorite color is robin's egg blue? 

OK, that's it for now.  Have a good one!
Judy

3 comments:

  1. What a great blind shot, Judy! Love those perfect, little eggs! And your cards are pretty darn perfect too! Wonderful looking cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Judy! Great one layer birthday cards!!! I hear you on lots of birthdays my daughter has had so many lately and now I am out of birthday cards!!! And what a gorgeous photo of the nest and eggs, looks like out of a magazine I bet it's amazing to keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Judy, love the ribbon trim, it matches perfectly :)
    Lucky find with the robin nest, they're certainly a very vibrant pretty blue :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy